Meet Cynthia and StephenCynthia B. Rosenberg
Cynthia B. Rosenberg
- Elected Member of Executive Board, American Immigration Lawyers Association, DC Chapter since 2009, representing over 970 immigration attorneys in Maryland, Virginia and DC, Past Chapter Chair
- Serve on AILA National Board of Governors for 2013-2104
- National AILA Transparency Task Force, 2014-2015
- Invited Speaker on PERM and Non-Immigrant Visas, Sterling Educational Services, April 29, 2008
- Chair, AILA DC Chapter Educational Conference, Fall 2008
- Volunteer at the Maryland Immigrant Rights Coalition legal fair, May 18, 2008.
- Elected to Advisory Board, Maryland State Bar Association, Immigration Section 2008, 2009- 2011 and 2011-2013, currentlly on Executivve Board as Treasurer
- Chair, AILA Baltimore Court Liaison, 2007-2008;
- Liaison, Family Law Panel, AILA Chapter Conference, spring 2008;
- Co Chair AILA Clearinghouse Liaison, Baltimore District Office, 2005-06 and 2006-07
- (Outstanding Service Certificate awarded);
- Mentor, New Attorneys, VAWA cases
- AILA Baltimore Brown Bag Lunch Coordinator, 2003
- AILA Liaison to Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, 2001 and 2002.
Speaking Engagements, Publishing and Awards
- Panelist (K visas), AILA Chapter 2006 fall CLE Conference;
- Panelist (Baltimore District Office), AILA Chapter Teleconference, fall 2006;
- Materials Coordinator, AILA Chapter Educational Conference, spring 2005;
- Panelist (difficult marriage cases), AILA Chapter 2004 Fall CLE Conference;
- Panelist, Immigration for New Practitioners, MSBA New Member Division, 2011
- Published Article http://www.politicsdaily.com/
- Panelist - Human Trafficking - Violence Against Women, African Immigrant and Refugee Foundation 2011 Conference
- Named to Top Northeast Attorneys, Amtrak Arrive Magazine, November 2010 and November 2011
- Invited Speaker, AILA National Conference for New Practitioners, October 2012 on Expert Panel on Naturalization
Meet Stephen ----- Attorney, Actor and Theater Preservationist
Stephen R. Rourke has a varied practice, including immigration, family law and addressing the needs of business and non profits for the arts. He is also an accomplished actor, having appeared in community theater, movies and TV, and is a member of Equity and AFTRA.
He is experienced in serving as legal counsel to film makers and visual and performing artists. He is proud of his role in historic theater preservation, including service as Chair of Friends of the Biltmore, and current role as the Maryland representative for the League of Historic American Theaters.
Stephen is a member of the DC Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has assisted clients in immigration offices and courts in the greater Baltimore and Washington region.
Stephen is a graduate of Oberlin College (B.A.) and the University of Maryland School of Journalism (M.A.) and School of Law (J.D.). He is admited to practice law in Maryland, Pennsylvania and Washington DC., and the US District Court of Maryland
You can email Stephen directly at attorneystephen.rourke @gmail.com
Nathan Rosen, Senior Legal Assistant has been with Rourke & Rosenberg since January 2005. Nathan is a graduate of Ursinus College and has recently completed a M.S. degree in Publications Design from University of Baltimore. He is well versed in the preparation of H1B and family based petitions.
Julie Zakar. Legal Assistant and Office Manager, has been with us since April 2011. She holds an A.A. in Paralegal Studies and comes with a diverse background of work experience.
IN MEMORIAM (2012 to 2016)
Taxi Cat. Office Cat. Taxi came to us from behind the office park where she previously freelanced. She was an integral part of our office staff, raising morale, lowering blood pressure, and keeping our client chairs warm. We will miss her greatly